Update your iPhone always to the latest version to be able to access new features of the iPhone. Earlier last week, Apple releases new update for iPhone, iPad and iPad touch.
It is said that the update focuses on fixing of bug and to improving performances. But the update also includes a new feature for the music app that makes it easy to share songs on Instagram and Facebook stories.
How to update your Apple devices
Learn how to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPad touch to the latest version of iOS. You can do it automatically or manually. You can update your iPhone to the latest iOS through wireless connection. Before you update, make sure to backup your device using your computer or the iCloud.
To update your iPhone to the latest iOS follow the following steps:
- Make sure to connect to a wireless connection. If not your device will show an information requiring the device to be connected to a WLAN network connection to be able to download.
- Plug your device into power
- Go to settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. Tap Download and Install. If a message message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later iOS will install apps that it removed. If you tap Cancel, you can manually delete content from your device.
5. To update you iPhone now, tap Install. Or you can ta Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you tap Install Tonight, remember to plug your device into power before going to sleep. Your device will update automatically overnight. If asked to enter your passcode, enter your passcode.
Update your iPhone automatically
With iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, you can have your device update automatically. To turn on automatic updates, do the following:
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- Then tap Automatic Updates Your device will automatically update to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
- Remember some updates might need to be installed manually.
Upgrading to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS software provides the latest features, security, updates. and bug fixes. Not all features are available on all devices or in all regions. Battery and system performance may be influenced by many factors including network conditions and individual use; actual results may vary.