If you are here reading this article, then I guess you want to know more about WordPress and what it does. You are at the right place so continue reading.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free content management system (CMS) that allow users to create websites without any knowledge of coding. WordPress was initially created as a simple php blogging tool to help people create website quickly by selecting designs and widgets to display text, images and calendars.
From the hard work of selfless developers who decided to develop the initial form of WordPress, now WordPress has become one of the most power content management system (CMS) that helps designers, developers and anybody to create all kinds of website ranging from blogging websites, news websites, business websites and even e-commerce websites.
Today WordPress powers more than 34% of all websites in the world, making it the most used platform for building website. WordPress powers nearly one-third of the world’s websites, from small personal blogs to the complex sites of major corporations such as Sony, Time Inc., the New York Post, and NBC. The amazing thing is that, WordPress is Free to use and comes with no charge.
How does WordPress Work?
WordPress comes with two different packages; WordPress.com and WordPress.org. WordPress.com gives you access to create your own completely free website as a subdomain on the WordPress.com website. That is you register and choose your website name which will become something like yourdomain.wordpress.com. You will get access to themes and templates to help you create your free website. The bad side of it is that
- you cannot use a custom theme
- you cannot install plugins to help customize your website
- you do not have your own domain name
- your website can be deleted if you disobey the terms and conditions of WordPress
- you cannot use ads on your website
WordPress.org is the other side of WodPress.com where you can download and install WordPress on your hosting server to help you create your own custom unique website with the help of available themes and plugins. You can
- have you own unique domain name (www.example.com)
- have access to over thousands of themes and plugins to help you design your website
- create any kind of website you want
- monetize your website using ads
Benefits of using WordPress
- User friendly: Any body can use WordPress whether you are a beginner or a pro in website designing
- No Coding: You do not have to code using WordPress. All you need is a little designing skills.
- Flexible and adapt to changes: WordPress is very flexible and adapt to any changes made when designing your website.
- So many free themes to help you easily create your website in a twinkle of an eye.
- A lot of plugins to extend the functionality of the themes.
- Mobile responsive
- Built in blog for every WordPress site to help you share ideas or educate your website users.
- WordPress Community offer massive support when ever you are lost or do not understand anything you doing.
- What is WordPress and How Does it Work?WordPress is a free content management system (CMS) that allow users to create websites without any knowledge of coding. WordPress was initially created as a simple php blogging tool to help people create website quickly by selecting designs and widgets to display text, images and calendars.
- Bitsika Goes Beyond Money TransferIntroduction to Bitsika I came across an app called Bitsika which was trending on Twitter and I decided to have a look at the app. By having a look I mean using the app and testing it functionalities and features and compare it with other apps that I have been using for my other transfers […]
- Step by Step procedure to create a WordPress websiteDo you want to create a WordPress website by yourself without paying any web developer or designer? Are you thinking of creating your own website? Are you ready to take your business global and tap into the global market? Or do you have lots of content and ideas that can educate people but all you need is a platform to promote it?
- What You Need To Help You Work From HomeWork from home is sitting in the comfort of your home and doing a job which anyone in the office can do. This is a flexible way of doing your job from the comfort of your home and at the same time taking care of your family.
- MTN Ghana, Everything You should know.MTN Ghana is Ghana’s most popular telecomunication network. Get to know all the history and everything about MTN Ghana. All the how tos in one place.
- COVID-19 Partial Lockdown in Ghana have been Lifted.COVID-19 partial lockdown in Ghana was lifted yesterday 19th April, 2020. The president of Ghana announced to the citizens of Ghana that the partial lockdown in Accra and Kumasi has been lifted.
- How to Check Time Spent on Facebook and InstagramThis write up is to show you the procedures involve to check your time spent on Facebook and Instagram so as to know how to plan and manage your time well.
- Payment Gateways Around The WorldPayment gateways are becoming the backbone of digital marketing especially e-commerce. Payment gateways are helps authorize payments for goods and services
- Foreign Student in China, Smart Ways to Make MoneyThere are many smart way to make money as a foreign student in China. Part-time online or one on one teaching, basketball coach, live streaming,